Cryptic Studios is an industry leader in the development of free-to-play massively multiplayer role-playing games on PC and console including Star Trek Online, Neverwinter and Magic the Gathering: Legends. We bring these popular properties to life with innovative gameplay mechanics, gorgeous graphics, and impressive sound to create an engaging and immersive player experience. Come and join us!
We are currently seeking a brilliant and dedicated Lead Graphics Software Engineer. As a Lead Graphics Software Engineer, you provide the leadership and code to visualize massive online virtual worlds. In this position, you would help maintain and extend our custom, state of the art, graphics engine and tool chain
Every day you could be
- Leading a team of very talented software engineers to architect and build exceptional rendering systems.
- Implementing advanced rendering techniques for lighting models, material processing, shadows casting, and more.
- Collaborating with other engineering leads on other games and on the game engine itself to drive the code base forward and ensure proper integration and performance of all systems.
- Working on the latest video cards and consoles to take full advantage of the hardware.
- Utilizing GPU and multi-threaded techniques to maximize the visual fidelity in Cryptic’s games.
- Developing ways to bring amazing artist creations to the screens of millions of our players.
- Researching and introducing new technologies to all employees and management.
What we need to see
- 2+ years of experience with DirectX 12
- 3+ years of experience in a team leadership role.
- 7+ years of experience in C programming and debugging.
- Experience with developing, optimizing and debugging multi-threaded systems and shader code.
- Strong communication skills to work cohesively with engineers, artists and designers.
- Passionate about learning and implementing new rendering techniques.
- Architecturally-minded approach with respect to designing scalable and maintainable code.
- Ability to deeply understand and improve a cross-platform code base rich with features.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
What we'd like to see
- PlayStation and/or Xbox console game development experience.
- Conceptual fluency with physically based rendering techniques.
- Mathematical analysis skills.
Cryptic’s software engineers work almost exclusively in a high performance, cross-platform C/C++ code base. In addition to problem solving skills, this job requires a high degree of proficiency with pointers, memory management, and performance optimization. The interview process will be testing you for these skills. Java, C# and other high-level languages will not be utilized in this job.
What Cryptic Offers:
- A fun tight-knit team
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks
- Company social events
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.