Cryptic Studios is looking for a talented video game executive to be our next Chief Operating Officer (COO).
As an exceptional leader you would work directly with the CEO to formulate the company’s business strategy, initiatives besides reviewing/adjusting operational budget to promote profitability. We need a business savvy, strategic thinker who can deal effectively with people at all levels and ensure resource allocations are in line with operational priorities and Cryptic’s goal.
Cryptic Studios is located in Northern California in Los Gatos. We offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small video game developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the game.
Every day you could be:
- Partnering with the CEO on business decisions that shape the company, from budgets to profitability analysis, to deciding the next game title to go into development
- Managing the production cycle of Cryptic’s video game titles in cooperation with the Executive Producer of each game
- Forming and maintaining relationships with IP licensors and other partners
- Getting to know the many talented artists, designers, programmers, and staff at the studio
- Shaping the culture and impacting the morale of the studio in positive ways
- Getting hands-on production experience in live and in-development games to learn Cryptic’s teams and business
- Providing your insight and vision to help shape Cryptic’s future as a studio
What you need to work here:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Significant experience at the executive level in the video game business and/or extensive production experience in video game development with business level visibility
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team
- Commitment to building relationships and collaboration at all levels
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy including conflict resolution
- A drive to make a positive impact on the people and culture where you work
What we’d like to see:
- Passion for the Star Trek, Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: the Gathering, and superhero IPs that Cryptic Studios has built its business on
- Deep understanding of free-to-play video game business
- Familiarity with MMORPG games as a player and/or developer
- Experience in contracts, negotiation, budget management, and other G&A functions