Cryptic Studios sets a new standard for Massively Multiplayer Online role playing games, and we strive to give our fans new experiences that knock their socks off. Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we create the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, everyone’s ideas matter. We only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre, and the game.
Cryptic Studios is currently looking for an experienced QA Lead. A QA Lead’s role is to ensure that the product is tested as thoroughly as possible, that all stakeholders are consistently aware of the state of the product, and that the QA team is enabled to complete their tasks as efficiently as possible. A successful candidate communicates effectively, responds to requests with agility, and plans proactively for pre-launch and post-launch environment testing. The QA Lead manages the team’s responsibilities and schedule, as well as collaborating directly with Production and the development team to identify and flag critical issues before they become challenges to meeting the schedule. The Lead is also responsible for the growth and development of the members of the QA team.
Every day you could be:
- Reporting the results of the current testing efforts to project leadership and production team regularly and when asked.
- Driving the development and execution of test suites for new features
- Owning in the implementation and continued improvement of new and existing QA processes
- Managing testing estimates, timelines, and tracking progress
- Collaborating with the rest of the development team to track defects, fixes, and feature development
- Monitoring the bug database to spot trends and make sure all issues receive the appropriate attention
- Mentoring QA team members on best practices and current testing methodologies
- Managing the QA team members growth and development
- Organizing and participating in focused play-tests
- Coordinating with other teams within Cryptic or at the publisher
- Ensuring that all test documentation is up to date and relevant
- Manage the testing of a live game across multiple platforms.
What we need to see:
- Effective communication abilities, both written and spoken
- An ongoing pursuit of excellence in yourself, the product, and the team
- Understanding of software quality assurance methodologies and processes
- Methodical organizational and documentation skills
- Thorough understanding of the importance of Software QA, and the ability to evangelize process
- Ability to create and iterate on methodical quality assurance processes
- Industry experience Software testing or Development
- Experience leading a team of testers or individual contributors on a project
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Not an entry level position
- Must have professional gaming experience as a Lead Tester in more than one title
What we’d like to see:
- Passion for gaming; especially, but not limited to, MMORPGs
- Understanding the different requirements for launching in the PC and Console space
- Technical understanding of multiple facets of game and/or software development
- Proficiency in evaluating game experiences and providing detailed feedback
- Prior team leadership experience
- Previous QA experience on an MMO game
What Cryptic Offers:
- Remote Work Options - Anywhere Within The US
- A fun tight-knit team where your contributions will have a major impact
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company social events
- Pet-Friendly Environment
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.