Cryptic Studios is an industry leader in the development of free-to-play massively multiplayer role-playing games on PC and console including Champions Online, Star Trek Online, and Neverwinter. We bring these popular properties to life with innovative gameplay mechanics, gorgeous graphics, and impressive sound to create an engaging and immersive player experience.
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Senior IT Engineer. We are seeking sharp, motivated people to join our team and work on Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) games.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused, and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we look for people who have passion for what they do and work well in teams to create and operate fun and challenging online games.
Every day you could be
- Creating images for deployment to user machines, deploying machines to the field, and troubleshooting a variety of IT related issues.
- Executing project implementation steps, such as major application upgrades or server builds.
- Write IT process documentation.
- Assist management in setting long-term IT goals and objectives.
- Contribute to long-term IT infrastructure planning by presenting emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Mentoring more junior IT team members.
- Handling complex administration tasks for internal applications.
What we need to see
- Independent judgment in regular work duties.
- Strong skills in the art of troubleshooting.
- A strong understanding of network fundamentals, Microsoft operating systems, MS Server 2012/2016/2019, Microsoft Exchange, and Active Directory.
- At least one certification or several classes in support of high level certification (MCSA, CCNP); Windows server architecture a plus.
- Willingness to participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Role requires being onsite daily in our Los Gatos, CA Studio
- Ability to physically move PC's and equipment, including using stairs to maneuver around the building.
- A care for customer experience.
- A love for video games.
What we'd like to see
- BS or equivalent work experience.
- A background with experience in networks, particularly wired and wireless with TCP/IP.
- 3-5+ years of experience in an IT or related field.
- Familiarity with ITIL principles.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
What Cryptic Offers:
- A fun tight-knit team
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks
- Company social events
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.