Cryptic Studios is currently seeking an Infrastructure Software Engineer.
Every day you could be:
- Working with operations staff to design new features or changes that will improve the reliability and efficiency of operating Cryptic's games, and then implemented these changes.
- Analyzing performance of a system that has reached its load capacity. Refactor or re-implement the system to scale to higher load.
- Assisting game team programmers with diagnosing and debugging complex problems involving the interaction of multiple software systems.
- Gathering and analyzing data to answer complex questions posed by the business.
- Improving the tools and workflow that the game teams use for creating and managing micro-transaction products.
- Designing and implementing new systems to address emerging business needs.
Systems you might work on:
- Management tools for Cryptic's server cloud.
- Micro-transaction system.
- Core components of Cryptic's game servers.
- Cryptic's custom built NoSQL object database.
- Integration with platform backends such as Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Steam.
- Platform-specific authentication
- Product purchase (micro-transaction currency, packs, consumables).
- Client crash telemetry.
- Platform social systems (friends/ignore list, sessions, groups).
- Integration with partners.
- Game Asset management system.
- Fraud prevention.
- Log aggregation, reporting, analytics.
What we need to see:
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging.
- Ability to work with engineers and project managers from other organizations.
- Ability to code and debug asynchronous systems such as multi-threaded or multi-process systems.
- 4 year degree or equivalent industry experience.
What we would like to see:
- Familiarity with networking, including sockets, ports, firewalls, packet capture, etc.
- Familiarity with modern web services mechanics such as REST, JSON-RPC, etc.
- A love for video games!