Cryptic Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of Perfect World Entertainment, sets a new standard for massively multiplayer online role playing games. Our company has a track record for creating critically-acclaimed and highly-entertaining free-to-play games that appeal to a wide variety of audiences Located in Northern California in Silicon Valley, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a mid-size MMORPG developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. Join the mission! At Cryptic we aim for greatness. We hire amazing talent and empower them to grow into their full potential.
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking an Infrastructure Software Engineer.
Every day you could be:
- Working with operations staff to design new features or changes that will improve the reliability and efficiency of operating Cryptic's games, and then implemented these changes.
- Analyzing performance of a system that has reached its load capacity. Refactor or re-implement the system to scale to higher load.
- Assisting game team programmers with diagnosing and debugging complex problems involving the interaction of multiple software systems.
- Gathering and analyzing data to answer complex questions posed by the business.
- Improving the tools and workflow that the game teams use for creating and managing micro-transaction products.
- Designing and implementing new systems to address emerging business needs.
Systems you might work on:
- Management tools for Cryptic's server cloud.
- Micro-transaction system.
- Core components of Cryptic's game servers.
- Cryptic's custom built NoSQL object database.
- Integration with platform backends such as Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Steam.
- Platform-specific authentication
- Product purchase (micro-transaction currency, packs, consumables).
- Client crash telemetry.
- Platform social systems (friends/ignore list, sessions, groups).
- Integration with partners.
- Game Asset management system.
- Fraud prevention.
- Log aggregation, reporting, analytics.
What we need to see:
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging.
- Ability to work with engineers and project managers from other organizations.
- Ability to code and debug asynchronous systems such as multi-threaded or multi-process systems.
- 4 year degree or equivalent industry experience.
What we would like to see:
- Familiarity with networking, including sockets, ports, firewalls, packet capture, etc.
- Familiarity with modern web services mechanics such as REST, JSON-RPC, etc.
- A love for video games!