Cryptic Studios is looking for an experienced Lead Environment Artist to help guide and build new content for Neverwinter! You’ll work closely with the concept, environment and design teams to create environments that are both gameplay-oriented and visually stunning.
Every day you could be:
- Collaborating with artists, designers, and other disciplines to create engaging and appealing gameplay environments for Neverwinter.
- Using 3D Studio Max, Zbrush, Substance, Photoshop and our proprietary tools to create new dungeons, zones and quests.
- Creatively composing, set-dressing, and lighting environments with new and existing assets.
- Mentoring environment artists to improve and progress art skills and career path.
- Working closely with producers and leads to coordinate team and project schedules.
What we'd like to see:
- 5+ years console or PC game development experience, with one or more shipped titles as Lead Environment Artist.
- Ability to build and manage teams, assess performance, provide leadership and creatively solve problems.
- Strong sense of spatial composition and set-dressing for game environments.
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams to envision, plan, schedule, execute and optimize environments that support and enhance gameplay.
- Ability to successfully articulate and provide timely, actionable visual feedback to a team.
- Solid understanding of fundamental visual design principles including color, composition, form, shape, structure, silhouette, scale, surface properties and lighting.
- Expert level proficiency with 3ds Max, Zbrush, Substance, Photoshop or equivalent 3D and 2D software.
- Calm, positive and professional attitude while working with others under multiple deadlines.
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Solid foundation in traditional art, drawing, painting, illustration and/or concept art.
- Strong technical ability and willingness to learn new tools, techniques and workflows.
- Basic proficiency creating environmental VFX and/or environmental animations.
- Passion for Dungeons & Dragons preferred.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume and cover letter.
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating experience modeling, texturing, and lighting game environments.
- An art test may be required.
What Cryptic Offers:
- A fun tight-knit team
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks
- Company social events