Cryptic Studios is an industry leader in the development of free-to-play massively multiplayer role-playing games on PC and console including Magic: Legends, Star Trek Online, and Neverwinter. We bring these popular properties to life with innovative gameplay mechanics, gorgeous graphics, and impressive sound to create an engaging and immersive player experience. Come and join us!
QA Test Analyst, Core Software (Game Engine/Console)
We are currently looking for a brilliant Quality Assurance Test Analyst to support and buildout core QA efforts for all the Cryptic Studios games.
MMO development is challenging and rewarding because of the range of skills required to deliver a high-quality experience to our players. While game play is certainly a big piece of what we do, a talented QA Analyst need not have game industry experience to find a home at Cryptic. Most of the systems and services the core team supports are server based back ends.
Every day you could be
- Testing and supporting the foundation of Core QA and its customers.
- Refining and improving overall process (e.g., test passes & documentation).
- Performing hardware and software testing for all Cryptic games on our supported platforms including PC and consoles.
- Identifying issues, creating bug reports, and verifying quality of systems software and internal tools.
- Escalating issues to Software Engineers, Production, and Game teams.
- Deploying, testing, and maintaining test servers and systems.
- Conduct white glove tests and assist with the Live Environment Server updates.
- Partnering with Test Lead and relevant parties to determine best direction for testing.
What we need to see
- 2+ years of experience in a QA position.
- Excellent knowledge of QA methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Ability to establish and follow rigorous quality assurance processes.
- Ability to analyze/develop processes and suggest improvements.
- Demonstrated success in fast and dynamic environments.
- Clear, proactive, and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills & Strong attention to detail.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
What we like to see
- Experience in the video game industry is a huge plus!
- Experience with game engine and console testing.
- Enthusiasm for learning more about software testing!
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with games.
- Scripting and automation knowledge (Python and C).
- Passion for gaming / MMO games.
What Cryptic Offers:
- Remote Work Options - Anywhere Within The US
- A fun tight-knit team
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks
- Company social events
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.