Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Graphics Software Engineer. This position works closely with other software engineers to maintain our custom graphics engine and tool chain, and to upgrade it to meet the ever-changing state-of-the-art. We're always pushing the envelope, and you'll relish the challenge!
Every day you could be working on:
- Global illumination.
- Physically based lighting models.
- Physically based substance compositing.
- Volumetric rendering techniques.
- Multi-threaded rendering.
- Modern anti-aliasing techniques.
What we need to see:
- Thorough grasp of C and C++.
- Experience with constructing and debugging multi-threaded systems.
- Strong communication skills to work cohesively with both engineers and artists.
- Self-drive to learn and implement new rendering techniques.
- Architecturally-minded approach with respect to designing scalable systems and managing technical debt.
- Experience writing and debugging shader code.
- Ability to digest and maneuver through a large and complicated code base.
What we'd like to see:
- Console development experience.
- Conceptual fluency with physically based rendering techniques.
- Mathematical Analysis skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 2 years of experience.