Cryptic Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of Perfect World Entertainment, sets a new standard for massively multiplayer online role playing games. Our company has a track record for creating critically-acclaimed and highly-entertaining free-to-play games that appeal to a wide variety of audiences Located in Northern California in Silicon Valley, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a mid-size MMORPG developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. Join the mission! At Cryptic we aim for greatness. We hire amazing talent and empower them to grow into their full potential.
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Tools Software Engineer.
Every day you could be:
- Working closely with Designers, Animators and Artists.
- Collaborating with other incredible engineers to build reliable systems and powerful tools used by designers and artists to create fantastic virtual worlds and game play.
- Working in a large, custom client and server game engine and tool suite - extending it, and making it more robust.
- Upgrading our workflow to provide better content for customers.
- Extending existing systems to adapt to the ever-changing needs of a massively multiplayer online game.
What we need to see:
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging.
- Ability to take a large existing code base and mold it to your will with the appropriate amount of fear and respect that this takes.
- A care for customer experience.
- A love for video games.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
What we’d like to see:
- Been part of developing at least 1 product, working on tools.
- 2 or more years of experience.