We are currently looking for a Lead Software Engineer for a game development team. The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for leading a small team of programmers in supporting the ongoing development of game play features as well as supporting the game operationally.
Every day you could be
- Leading a team of talented programmers to build game play systems.
- Collaborating with the executive producer, lead designer, lead artist, and other developers to make decisions on how to address opportunities and challenges.
- Collaborating with other engineering leads that work on other games or on the game engine to drive the engine and code base forward.
- Working as an implementer to fashion user interfaces, tuning control, and design unique game play systems that give each game its own feel.
What we need to see
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging.
- Ability to take a large existing code base and mold it to your will with the appropriate amount of fear and respect that this takes.
- A passion for delivering great work.
- Strong leadership skills, preferably with experience in a management role.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
What we’d like to see
- Experience in the video game industry is a huge plus!
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with games.
- Passion for gaming / MMO games
Cryptic’s software engineers work almost exclusively in a high performance, cross-platform C/C++ code base. In addition to problem solving skills, this job requires a high degree of proficiency with pointers and memory management and the interview process will test for these skills. Java and C# are not utilized in this job.
What Cryptic Offers:
- A fun tight-knit team
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks
- Company social events