Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a full-time Content Designer. This design position is responsible for creating fun and balanced missions and diverse zones for massively multiplayer online games. The content designer duties will include whiteboxing level layouts, populating areas with NPCs and enemies, and scripting behaviors and events.
At Cryptic we actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. We only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre, and the game.
Every day you could be:
- Using proprietary toolset to implement story based missions and game content.
- Planning maps, zones, events and puzzles for a MMO game world.
- Contributing to the design of the story and events to realize the vision of the Executive Producer and Lead Designer on the project.
- Working with other team members and departments while overseeing the overall execution of your assignments.
- Balancing and tuning gameplay in each mission or area.
- Providing an example of professionalism and excellence to the rest of the team.
Things we'd like to see:
- Cryptic is looking for self-starters with a good sense of accountability and ownership.
- Experience designing and implementing mission content.
- Experience with video game story implementation.
- Experience in MMOs and RPG games as a player or designer.
- Two or more years of industry experience.
- Shipped at least one previous game title.
- 4-year degree required (or equivalent experience in relevant field).
If you have made a UGC Foundry mission in Star Trek Online or Neverwinter, let us know so we can check it out! Include the name of the mission and your author name in your cover letter and or resume and we will take a look.
For those not familiar with the Foundry, it’s a User Generated Content tool in both Star Trek Online and Neverwinter that allows players to create robust missions for the community to play. The Foundry tool is based on Cryptic mission tools so it will give you an idea of how missions are created. Your submission will help us evaluate your mission authoring skills required for this position. Please note this is not a requirement to apply.