Cryptic Studios is seeking an experienced and talented Senior Character Artist to join the creative team of our newest unannounced project. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating stunning realistic characters using Unreal Engine 5. You will work closely with the Art Director and other developers to create compelling characters that bring our game to life.
- Creating highly detailed, realistic characters and related assets for use in the Unreal Engine
- Collaborating with the Art Director and other artists to establish and maintain the visual style, fidelity, and quality of the game
- Ensuring that all assets are optimized for performance while maintaining high visual fidelity and consistency
- Mentoring and guiding other artists to develop their skills and knowledge of Unreal Engine and high-quality character art
- Strong Unreal Engine experience and character art proficiency
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, form, silhouette, color theory, and other art fundamentals
- Advanced knowledge of Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer, Photoshop
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams, including designers, programmers, and animators
- Proven experience identifying and defining pipelines, technologies, tools and improvements
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of experience as a Character Artist in the game industry
- Comfortable working with a fully remote team
- Solid foundation in traditional art, drawing, painting, illustration and/or concept art
- Strong technical ability and willingness to learn new techniques and workflows
- Passion for making and playing games, especially 3rd person fantasy action games
Required Application Materials:
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio demonstrating experience modeling, texturing, and skinning of character assets
- An art test may be required
What Cryptic Offers:
- Remote work options - anywhere within The United States
- A fun tight-knit team
- Full-time role
- Paid holiday, sick time & paid time off
- Health insurance & perks
- Company social events
If you are passionate about creating realistic characters and have a proven track record of creating high-quality assets using Unreal Engine, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and help us create compelling characters that engage and captivate players.
At Cryptic Studios, Inc. the standard base pay range for this role is $100,000 - $180,000 annually. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.