Cryptic Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of Perfect World Entertainment, sets a new standard for massively multiplayer online role playing games. Our company has a track record for creating critically-acclaimed and highly-entertaining free-to-play games that appeal to a wide variety of audiences Located in Northern California in Silicon Valley, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a mid-size MMORPG developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. Join the mission! At Cryptic we aim for greatness. We hire amazing talent and empower them to grow into their full potential.
Cryptic Studios is currently looking for a QA Tester. A QA tester works under the direction of the test lead to perform quality assurance tasks such as functional feature testing, executing test cases, documenting and tracking flaws, and developing test plans. A successful candidate should also be able to provide both objective and subjective analysis aimed at improving game features, game balance, and the overall user experience for Cryptic’s MMO projects. The QA tester will regularly communicate and coordinate with the production, design, software and art teams.
Every day you could be:
- Performing functional feature testing, exploratory testing, build verification testing, or regression testing.
- Contributing directly to the refinement and improvement of testing procedures and test plans.
- Providing game-play and game-balance feedback.
- Identifying and reporting software and feature level flaws and defects.
What we'd like to see:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in QA working in the console and PC industry.
- Ability to follow methodical quality assurance processes.
- Thorough understanding of the importance of QA and testing.
- Understanding the role of quality assurance and principles of software/game testing.
- Ability to develop processes or analyze and suggest improvements effectively.
- Technical understanding of multiple facets of game and/or software development.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for gaming; especially, but not limited to, MMORPGs.
- Proficiency in evaluating game experiences and providing detailed feedback. Thinking critically about games.
- Demonstrated success in fast and dynamic environments.
- Experience playing Neverwinter is a plus!
Must be eligible to work in the United States.