Cryptic Studios is an industry leader in the development of free-to-play massively multiplayer role-playing games on PC and console including Star Trek Online, Neverwinter and Magic: Legends. We bring these popular properties to life with innovative gameplay mechanics, gorgeous graphics, and impressive sound to create an engaging and immersive player experience. Come and join us!
We are currently looking for a brilliant Quality Assurance Analyst to lead the core QA efforts for all of the Cryptic Studios games. MMO development is challenging and rewarding because of the range of skills required to deliver a high-quality experience to our players. While game play is certainly a big piece of what we do, a talented QA Analyst need not have game industry experience to find a home at Cryptic. A majority of the systems and services the core team supports are server based back ends.
Every day you could be
- Owning, Building, Training, Improving, Leading, and Advocating for your Team.
- Leading and directing the Core QA teams focus in collaboration with our world class programmers, artists, and designers.
- Leading the refinement and improvement of testing procedures and test plans.
- Assigning QA tasks to Core development teams and handling testing and configuration requests from core development.
- Identifying and reporting quality assurance and testing issues and defects.
- Testing and verifying quality of systems software and internal tools.
- Performing hardware and software compatibility testing for all Cryptic games on all supported platforms.
- Deploying, testing, and maintaining test servers and systems.
What we need to see
- 2+ years leadership experience in a QA position.
- 5+ years relevant QA professional experience (Game Industry and/or Consumer Software).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with game engine and console testing.
- Excellent knowledge of QA methodologies, processes and tools
- Ability to establish and follow rigorous quality assurance processes
- Ability to analyze/develop processes and suggest improvements
- Demonstrated success in fast and dynamic environments
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
What we’d like to see
- Experience in the video game industry is a huge plus!
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with games.
- Passion for gaming / MMO games
- Scripting and automation knowledge (Python and C)
What Cryptic Offers
- A fun tight-knit team
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks
- Company social events
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.