Cryptic Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of Perfect World Entertainment, sets a new standard for massively multiplayer online role playing games. Our company has a track record for creating critically-acclaimed and highly-entertaining free-to-play games that appeal to a wide variety of audiences Located in Northern California in Silicon Valley, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a mid-size MMORPG developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. Join the mission! At Cryptic we aim for greatness. We hire amazing talent and empower them to grow into their full potential.
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a skilled Content Designer to contribute to our fun and exciting projects! The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, critical thinking and analysis skills, vision and creativity, and a genuine passion for games and content creation.
This position is responsible for the creation and implementation narrative content, multiplayer zones, and raid-style queues for massively multiplayer online games. Duties will include white-boxing level layouts, populating areas with encounters and scripting behaviors and events.
Every day you could be:
- Using proprietary tool sets to implement story based missions and game content.
- Planning maps, zones, events and puzzles for a MMO game world.
- Contributing to the design of the story and events to realize the vision of the lead designer on the project.
- Working with other team members and departments while overseeing the overall execution of your assignments
- Balancing and tuning game play in each mission or area.
- Providing an example of professionalism and excellence to the rest of the team.
Things we'd like to see:
- Cryptic is looking for self-starters with a good sense of accountability and ownership
- Experience designing and implementing mission content.
- Experience with video game story implementation.
- Experience in MMOs and RPG games as a player or designer.
- 2+ years of industry experience.
- Shipped at least one previous game title.
- 4-year degree required (or equivalent experience in relevant field)
- Familiarity with Cryptic games.
- Familiarity with Magic: The Gathering
Must be eligible to work in the United States.