Cryptic Studios is currently looking for a QA Tester. A QA tester works under the direction of the test lead to perform quality assurance tasks such as functional feature testing, executing test cases, documenting and tracking flaws, and developing test plans. A successful candidate should also be able to provide both objective and subjective analysis aimed at improving game features, game balance, and the overall user experience for Cryptic’s MMO projects. The QA tester will regularly communicate and coordinate with the production, design, software and art teams.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we create the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. We only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the game.
Every day you could be:
- Performing functional feature testing, exploratory testing, build verification testing, or regression testing.
- Working directly with the implementation teams as part of the development team.
- Contributing directly to the refinement and improvement of testing procedures and test plans.
- Providing game-play and game-balance feedback.
- Identifying and reporting software and feature level flaws and defects.
- Testing and verifying quality of software and internal tools.
What we'd like to see:
- Ability to follow methodical quality assurance processes.
- Thorough understanding of the importance of QA and testing.
- Understanding the role of quality assurance and principles of software/game testing.
- Ability to develop processes or analyze and suggest improvements effectively.
- Technical understanding of multiple facets of game and/or software development.
- Highly organized.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for gaming; especially, but not limited to, MMORPGs.
- Proficiency in evaluating game experiences and providing detailed feedback. Thinking critically about games.
- Demonstrated success in fast and dynamic environments.
- Industry experience in production, QA, or software development.
- Console and PC industry game experience.
- Compliance testing experience with the current console generation.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.