We are currently looking for Software Engineers to fill positions at the company in different areas of expertise (for example: graphics, infrastructure, game and console programming).
MMO development is challenging and rewarding because of the range of skills required to deliver a quality experience to the players. While game play is certainly a big piece of what we do, a talented programmer need not have game industry experience to find a home at Cryptic.
Every day you could be:
- Collaborating with other talented programmers, artists, and design teams.
- Developing the engine that drives our games, including AI, graphics, physics, animation, and audio.
- Putting the “massive” in MMO by working on databases, networking, transactions, chat, and other systems that scale to handle tens of thousands of users.
- Fashioning user interfaces, tuning controls, and designing unique game play systems that give each game its own feel.
- Creating the development tools to handle the ever-changing demands of producing online games.
What we need to see:
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging
- A passion for delivering great work
What we’d like to see:
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with games
- 4 year degree required or equivalent experience in similar field
Multiple positions available!
Must be eligible to work in the United States