Cryptic Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of Perfect World Entertainment, sets a new standard for massively multiplayer online role playing games. Our company has a track record for creating critically-acclaimed and highly-entertaining free-to-play games that appeal to a wide variety of audiences Located in Northern California in Silicon Valley, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a mid-size MMORPG developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. Join the mission! At Cryptic we aim for greatness. We hire amazing talent and empower them to grow into their full potential.
We are currently looking for Software Engineers to fill positions at the company in different areas of expertise (for example: graphics, infrastructure, game and console programming).
MMO development is challenging and rewarding because of the range of skills required to deliver a quality experience to the players. While game play is certainly a big piece of what we do, a talented programmer need not have game industry experience to find a home at Cryptic.
Every day you could be:
- Collaborating with other talented programmers, artists, and design teams.
- Developing the engine that drives our games, including AI, graphics, physics, animation, and audio.
- Putting the “massive” in MMO by working on databases, networking, transactions, chat, and other systems that scale to handle tens of thousands of users.
- Fashioning user interfaces, tuning controls, and designing unique game play systems that give each game its own feel.
- Creating the development tools to handle the ever-changing demands of producing online games.
What we need to see:
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging
- A passion for delivering great work
What we’d like to see:
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with games
- 4 year degree required or equivalent experience in similar field
Multiple positions available!
Must be eligible to work in the United States