Cryptic Studios is seeking a talented UI Artist to collaborate in the design and creation of the user interface for our next multi-platform game!
The UI Artist will be responsible for conceptualizing and developing a seamless, polished experience across PC and current/next gen consoles. With a unique combination of artistic abilities and technical aptitude, you’ll be the bridge between artists, designers, engineers and players who ensures that our next game interfaces look, feel and play great.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with the art director and UI team to establish a compelling and cohesive look for interfaces and game branding.
- Creating high-fidelity visual assets that meet performance targets.
- Collaborating with game designers to translate game systems and user experience goals into intuitive interfaces that support and enhance the game experience.
- Collaborating with engineering to implement designs to your specifications.
What we'd like to see:
- 3+ years’ experience creating user interfaces for games or web
- Deep knowledge of best practices and trends in game interface design, for PC and consoles.
- Exceptional graphic design skills, including a solid understanding of color, composition, space and typography
- Solid understanding of basic animation principles
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and specifications to a broad range of team members from different disciplines
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Experience creating visual interfaces with front-end web development technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Solid foundation in traditional art, drawing, painting, illustration and/or concept art
- Avid gamer on multiple platforms
Required Application Materials:
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating relevant technical and/or artistic skills
- An art test and/or additional artistic sample materials may be required
What Cryptic Offers
- Remote Work Options - Anywhere Within The US
- A fun tight-knit team where your contributions will have a major impact
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company social events
- Pet-Friendly Environment
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.