Assistant Producers at Cryptic Studios work closely the more senior production staff to coordinate the game development process. An AP's number one priority within the development structure is to make sure everyone else can get their job done by helping in any way they can. A great AP needs to be able to communicate easily, be pleasant to work with, and have the mental agility to learn and adapt to an ever-shifting development landscape.
Every day you could be:
- Working in the trenches with artists, designers and programmers tracking tasks and helping the developers stay on schedule.
- Supporting the production staff in many aspects of development such as scheduling, management of a single internal team, and handling overflow tasks as they arise.
- Coordinating with QA as we work towards releases, live updates, and bug fix pushes.
- Contributing to the production process by handling punchlists for the team, and tracking progress towards those punchlist items.
What you need to work here:
- Minimum 2 years in the video game industry.
- Must have shipped at least one video game title or major release.
- Effective communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Functional understanding of project management and scheduling concepts.
- A passion for MMO games and the ability to talk about why you think they are fun.
- Be able to talk art, design and software.
- Have a great attitude and likeable personality.
Things we’d love to see:
- Strong familiarity with Cryptic Studios games.
- Proficient knowledge or practical experience in one of the other gaming disciplines: 3D Art, Game Design, or Programming.
- Console development experience.
- Fanatic level enthusiasm of some entertainment industry field (role playing games, comics, movies, television, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree