Cryptic Studios is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst. The Quality Assurance Analyst works under the direction of the QA Lead to perform quality assurance tasks such as implementing test plans, executing test cases and scripts, and tracking/documenting software and product features and flaws.
A successful candidate should be able to provide qualitative and quantitative analysis aimed at refining game features and improving game balance for Cryptic’s MMO projects. The quality assurance tester will coordinate with the production, design, software and art teams.
Every day you could be:
- Performing build verification testing; regression testing; and game balance testing (among a variety of other types of QA testing).
- Working directly with the game development teams.
- Assisting in the refinement and improvements of testing procedures and test plans.
- Providing assistance to managers and leads on game-play and game-balance analysis.
- Identifying and reporting quality assurance and testing issues and defects.
- Assisting with the coordination of playtesting.
- Testing and verifying quality of software and internal tools.
What we'd like to see:
- 2+ years’ experience as a QA Test Analyst in the games industry or similar field.
- Ability to follow rigorous quality assurance processes.
- Thorough understanding of the importance of QA and testing.
- Ability to analyze or develop processes and suggest improvements effectively.
- Understanding of quality assurance and testing principles.
- Highly organized.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated documentation skills a plus.
- Industry experience in production, QA, or software development.
- Console and PC industry game experience.
- Technical understanding of multiple facets of game and/or software development.
- Demonstrated success in fast and dynamic environments.
- Experience with console certification standards are a bonus, but not necessary.
Unfortunately, we do not offer relocation for this role
What Cryptic Offers:
- A fun tight-knit team
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks
- Company social events
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.