Cryptic Studios is looking for talented animators with a genuine passion for making games! As part of the animation team, you’ll work closely with artists, designers and other creative developers to define how characters and creatures move, fight and interact in our upcoming Magic: The Gathering MMO.
Located in Northern California in Silicon Valley, we offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small video game developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we hire the best and most talented people who love making great games.
Every day you could be:
- Collaborating with artists, designers and engineers to bring life and motion to the characters and worlds of our upcoming Magic: The Gathering MMO
- Creating and maintaining animations for real time game assets
- Implementing creature and character animations in-game, including basic rigging, scripting and data
- Assisting with the continued development, maintenance, and improvement of the animation pipeline
What we’d like to see:
- 3+ years’ game development experience, specifically working as an animator
- Strong understanding of animation principles and how they can be used to enhance gameplay
- Exceptional skill animating the human bipedal figure, as well as other organic forms
- Extensive real time animation experience using Maya, 3ds Max or equivalent 3D tools
- Basic ability to create, modify, augment and troubleshoot character and creature rigs
- Strong technical aptitude and thorough understanding of modern animation pipelines
- Self-motivated, driven, with excellent communication skills and a team-player attitude
- BA or BS degree in art, animation or equivalent work experience
- Experience using proprietary game engines and tools
- Basic familiarity with rigging characters in Maya
- Cinematography/cut scene camera experience
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – technical art, visual effects, traditional/2D animation, etc.
Required application materials:
- Resume and cover letter
- Demo reel demonstrating combat, motion mechanics, cycles, non-bipedal/creature work and/or any other relevant animation content
- An animation test may be required