Cryptic Studios is currently looking for a full-time Producer who understands individual team management as well as big picture in producing a high profile MMO, and is capable of organizing and coordinating the innumerable details that are required to make it successful.
The test of a great producer is that their team succeeds. The best person for this position knows it's their job to own features or teams and then get everything out of the way so their team can work. They know when to own, delegate, smile, ask, tell, or roll up their sleeves and get dirty. They play and love the game and everyone on the team trusts their judgment. In the end, their game ships on-time, with no burnout, gets rave reviews, and we have problems keeping the shard up due to the hordes of people that want to play.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we create the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. We only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the game.
Every day you could be:
- Collaborating with art, design and programming to develop complete features from concept to release.
- Creating and maintaining long term, large-scale project schedules to budget manpower, drive milestones and scope the project.
- Evolving and refining development processes to increase productivity and quality.
- Managing an established team of people, as well as the feature they are creating, to make sure that every detail comes in on schedule, fully tracked, integrated with the work of other teams, works great, and is most of all fun.
- Communicating with your lead producer, executive producer, and directors at the company to make sure milestones and expectations are understood and realistically scoped.
- Managing the testing and iteration of the game to perfection.
What we'd like to see:
- You have to be organized and able to help organize others. Quality video games have a million moving parts that have to fit together seamlessly. Without proper organization, and a skilled person organizing them, it all falls apart
- A person that has experience in taking ownership of feature development, across multiple teams, from start to finish
- Be able to understand (and love) the complexities of how a successful MMO works
- Be able to talk art, design, and software from a place of understanding
- At least one shipped title under your belt as a producer, with MMO experience preferred. No exceptions.
- Proficient knowledge or practical experience in 3-D art, game design, or programming
- We make live MMO’s that require production to be capable of managing game builds, tracking and scheduling code/data changes via multiple builders and test shards while getting everything live as clean as possible. Even if you are not making builds you need to understand and implement the process completely.
- Someone capable of managing milestones, deadlines, and deliverables on time and of the utmost quality
- Have a great attitude—be someone the team would like to work for and is excited to work with
- 4-year degree required (or equivalent experience in relevant field)