Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Technical Associate Producer. Technical Producers at Cryptic work closely with programmers and game producers to organize and coordinate the development of the Cryptic game engine. A Technical Producer’s number one priority within the development structure is to make sure everyone else can get their job done. This means a no-nonsense approach to problem-solving, daily in-person communication with all the members of the team, and working in support of the Director of Engineering and other producers in all task management and scheduling challenges.
Every day you could be:
- Working in the trenches with game artists, designers and programmers tracking tasks and helping the developers stay on schedule
- Handling cross-department communications and being a product knowledge base for the entire team.
- Communicating about the work game engine and tools programmers are doing to the producers, artists, and designers on Cryptic's games, and looking ahead to set expectations.
- Responding to incoming feature requests and helping to drive prioritization so that people outside of our group have the things they need.
- Coordinating the QA and testing efforts involved in releasing engine and tool features.
- Contributing to the production process and helping refine production pipelines.
- Facilitating Scrum/Agile processes working with the engine and tools teams
What you need to work here:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- At least 2+ years of experience
- Ability to track priorities and manage day-to-day emergencies.
- Experience with production methodologies and working with software engineers as a Project Manager or Manager
- A friendly, never satisfied attitude about the process of making software and a passion for making things better.
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal and ability to bridge communication across departments and disciplines.
- Be able to talk art, design and software.
- Be up front about what you don't know, and be willing to learn.
- Ability to build a process to improve work flow between multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and frequently.
- Experience with formal production methodologies, including agile/scrum processes.
- A passion for MMO games and the ability to talk about why you think they are fun.
- Ability to run effective meetings.
Things we'd love to see:
- Experience in the video game industry, working in production or product development.
- Ability to run various reports to evaluate and communicate project status to, both, team and stakeholders.
- A love of games and making games.
- Have shipped at least one video game title.
- Fanatic level of enthusiasm for an entertainment industry field (role playing games, comics, movies, television, etc.).
- Experience as a software engineer or a Computer Science degree