Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Technical Program Coordinator. Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused, and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we look for people who have passion for what they do and work well in teams to create and operate fun and challenging online games. Cryptic promotes an environment of creativity, independence, and ownership in ones work. At Cryptic you can see the work you create come to life!
EVERY DAY YOU COULD BE:
- Working with developers to design new features or changes that will improve the reliability and efficiency of operating Cryptic's games.
- Assisting the Network Operations team with diagnosing and debugging complex problems involving the interaction of multiple software systems.
- Organizing complex software deployments to Cryptic servers. Planning for and evaluating possible impacts to server uptime.
- Assisting in planning for future game launches.
SYSTEMS YOU MIGHT WORK ON:
- Management Tools for Cryptic's servers.
- Windows Server Environments.
- Monitoring Systems.
- Proprietary Software Systems.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE:
- 4 year degree or equivalent industry experience in IT or other technical operations field.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Proficient OS-level troubleshooting.
- A thirst for learning details and the ability to retain them.
- Willingness to handle occasional off-hours escalations from Operations Staff.
- Ability to work with engineers and project managers from other organizations.
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE:
- Experience supporting environments with an uptime requirement.
- Familiarity with networking, including sockets, ports, firewalls, packet capture, etc.
- Familiarity with the software development process or project management
- Some scripting experience.
- A love for video games!