Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Software Engineer, Build and Release. Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused, and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we look for people who have passion for what they do and work well in teams to create and operate fun and challenging online games. Cryptic promotes an environment of creativity, independence, and ownership in ones work. At Cryptic you can see the work you create come to life!
- Work with Game Lead Engineers and Production Staff to make sure that the build system is meeting their needs.
- Improve or replace the tools that we use to move code or data through our release process.
- Optimize and break up longer build elements to bring flexibility and options to our production team.
What we need to see:
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Attention to details.
- A passion for being in the Build Engineering space.
- Very proficient in scripting languages such as Python.
- Familiarity with off-the-shelf Continuous Integration build systems such as Jenkins.
- Very proficient in source code version control systems such as Subversion or Git. *Proficient in C programming and debugging.
- 4 year degree and 2 years of professional Build Engineering experience, or the equivalent.
What we would like to see:
- Experience with Incredibuild-XGE for distribution of non-build-related tasks across multiple machines in our studios.
- Familiarity with the problem of asset management in the Game Industry.