Cryptic Studios seeks a skilled, experienced, and energetic Game Data Analyst to join the team! Cryptic Studio's sophisticated MMORPG's Star Trek Online and Neverwinter – Advanced Dungeons and Dragons are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide on Xbox, PS4, and PC.
The successful candidate will have substantial experience with Tableau and SQL analyzing monetization, engagement, and retention in multi-million player online or console games.
We're looking for someone who enjoys combining their analytic skills, business acumen, and understanding of games to provide our creative teams and business leaders with the data and insights that will drive our continued success. The candidate should enjoy both working with people and performing technical analyses.
Primary Responsibilities & Job Duties:
- Work with creative teams and business leaders to develop user-configurable reports, dashboards, and data-driven alerts to provide insight into player behavior and game performance.
- Perform ad hoc analysis of monetization, engagement, and retention issues.
- Provide colleagues with information about the value and use of analytics and guide them in understanding the results.
- Be an advocate for the principles of self-service analytics, data democratization and data-driven decision making across the company.
- BS/MS in quantitative discipline required (math, physics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with game analytics.
- Tableau mastery.
- Strong SQL scripting knowledge and experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user.
- Proficiency in working with terabyte-scale data sets is required.
- Exceptional analytical ability and business judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience with Google BigQuery, Machine Learning, Python, and R is a plus.
- A passion for gaming!