Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Project Manager. Project Managers at Cryptic work closely with programmers and game producers to organize and coordinate the development of the Cryptic game engine. A Project Manager’s number one priority within the development structure is to make sure everyone else can get their job done. This means a no-nonsense approach to problem solving, daily in-person communication with all the members of the team, and working in support of the Director of Software in all task management and scheduling challenges.
Every day you could be:
- Working in the trenches with game artists, designers and programmers tracking tasks and helping the developers stay on schedule.
- Communicating about the work game engine programmers are doing to the producers, artists, and designers on Cryptic's games, and looking ahead to set expectations.
- Responding to incoming feature requests and helping to drive prioritization so that people outside of our group have the things they need.
- Coordinating the QA and testing effort during production, closed and open beta and through launch.
- Contributing to the production process and helping refine production pipelines.
- Facilitating cross department communications and being a product knowledge base for the entire team.
What you need to work here:
- Ability to track priorities and manage day-to-day emergencies.
- Experience working with software engineers as a Project Manager or Manager.
- A friendly, never satisfied attitude about the process of making software and a passion for making things better.
- Effective communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to bridge communication across departments and disciplines.
- Be able to talk art, design and software.
- Be able to talk technical.
- Be up front about what you don't know, and be willing to learn.
- Ability to build a process to improve work flow between multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and frequently.
- Competence in project management and scheduling concepts.
- A passion for MMO games and the ability to talk about why you think they are fun.
- Ability to run effective meetings.
- Have a great attitude.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Things we'd love to see:
- Experience in the video game industry, working in production or product development.
- Ability to run various reports to evaluate and communicate project status to, both, team and stakeholders.
- A love of games and making games.
- Have shipped at least one video game title.
- Console and PC development experience.
- Fanatic level of enthusiasm for an entertainment industry field (role playing games, comics, movies, television, etc.).
- Experience as a software engineer or a Computer Science degree.