Cryptic Studios is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Tools Tester. The Quality Assurance Tools Tester works under the direction of a QA Lead to perform QA tasks, such as implementing test plans, executing test cases and scripts, and tracking/documenting software and tool product features and flaws. A successful candidate will be inquisitive, curious, and learning-oriented, and be able to provide qualitative and quantitative analysis aimed at refining and improving Tool features and Overall Developer Workflow. The Quality Assurance Tools Tester will coordinate with the production, design, art, and engineering teams.
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we create the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. We only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the games.
Every day you could be:
- Performing build verification testing, regression testing, and exploratory testing (among a variety of other types of QA testing)
- Working Closely with the Tools Engineering Lead and Tools Engineers to understand the changes they are making, and being ready to test them.
- Interacting with Game Team Artists and Designers who are using the tools you test.
- Developing and improving Tool test procedures and test plans.
- Identifying and reporting quality assurance and testing issues and defects.
- Testing and verifying quality of software and internal tools.
What we'd like to see:
- Ability to follow rigorous quality assurance processes.
- Thorough understanding of the importance of QA and testing.
- Ability to analyze our develop processes and suggest improvements effectively.
- Understanding of quality assurance and testing principles.
- Highly organized.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated documentation skills a plus.
- Industry experience in production, QA, or software development.
- Console and PC industry game experience.
- Technical understanding of multiple facets of game and/or software development.
- Demonstrated success in fast and dynamic environments.