Senior Producers at Cryptic Studios work closely with designers, artists and programmers to organize and drive the game development process. A Senior Producer’s number one priority within the development structure is to make sure the overall development and business goals are being driven towards and met. This means a no nonsense approach to problem solving with daily communication and working to support all the members of the team in task management and scheduling challenges.
Every day you could be:
- Working in the trenches with Artists, Designers, QA and Programmers tracking tasks and helping the developers stay on schedule.
- Drive the team in every aspect of development, from scheduling and management of multiple internal teams and features, to dealing with outside publishers and licensors.
- Direct the production team, QA, and the development team for releases during production, delivery to test shards, final launch to players, and ongoing maintenance in a live game environment.
- Be a leader in growing and defining the production process for the game team, while refining the existing production pipelines.
- Act as a product knowledge expert from a game and business perspective for the entire team.
- Providing critical feedback and insight on the current monetization, release cadence, and event cadence plans to the Executive Producer, while communicating these plans internally and externally.
- Communicating to individual team members and contributors in various departments, other producers, and management on the status of live issues, tasks, features, and projects.
What you need to work here:
- Minimum 5 years in the video game industry, working in production or product development.
- Must have shipped at least one video game title.
- Superb communications skills, both written and verbal.
- A high-level understanding of project management and scheduling concepts.
- A passion for games and the ability to talk about why you think they are fun.
- Be able to talk art, design and software without pretending.
- Have a great attitude and likeable personality.
- Ability to work independently while exercising sound judgment.
Things we’d love to see:
- Experience working in various established production methodologies.
- Live Product management, build management, and performance analytics experience.
- Live game development and support experience.
- Console development experience.
- Proficient knowledge or practical experience in one of the other gaming disciplines: 3D Art, Game Design, or Programming.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficiency in another language.
- Fanatic level enthusiasm of some entertainment industry field (role playing games, comics, movies, television, etc.).