Cryptic Studios is seeking a talented UI artist to collaborate in the creation of user interfaces for Neverwinter, our highly successful Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG. You are passionate about design aesthetics and UX but also love making pixel perfect art. You take equal pride visualizing every moment of the player’s experience. You will work closely with design, engineering, and other artists to refine the look and functionality of UI systems across Neverwinter on PC and console.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating visual concepts, wireframes and prototype pitches for game UI features, interfaces and iconography.
- Working closely with the art director and concept teams to ensure a compelling, cohesive and consistent look for interfaces and game branding.
- Collaborating with UX and system designers, engineers, and other developers to brainstorm, conceptualize, create, implement, and iterate until complex systems are represented with a UI style that feels natural and intuitive.
- Creating handoff documentation, communicating and iterating to ensure successful UI implementation.
- Coordinating with Cryptic’s outsourcing team as needed to ensure a smooth flow of assets from external vendors.
What we'd like to see:
- 3+ years’ experience creating user interfaces, titles and menus for games, film, or web.
- Exceptional graphic design skills, including a solid understanding of color, composition, space and typography.
- Ability to create both static and dynamic motion graphics with an understanding of basic animation principles.
- Game UI art sensibilities and ability to create heads-up displays, menus and interfaces that reflect gameplay needs.
- Knowledge of UI/UX design and of current practices in PC and console games.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe creative suites.
- Ability and willingness to learn proprietary and consumer user interface tools.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills as well as a positive, professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines.
- Solid foundation in traditional art, drawing, painting, illustration and/or concept art
- Demonstrated proficiency with scripting like HTML or CSS
- Avid gamer on multiple platforms
- Professional experience with Figma
- Familiarity with, and passion for the Dungeons & Dragons franchise
Required Application Materials:
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating relevant technical and/or artistic skills
What Cryptic Offers:
- Remote Work Options - Anywhere Within The US
- A fun tight-knit team
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks
- Company social events
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.